Are you a budding thought leader? Do you hunger for fame and glory – in the form of exposure on the world’s leading outsourcing publication? And do you want a FREE chance to enroll in SIG University’s Certified Sourcing Professional (CSP) course (for yourself or a colleague)?
That’s right: a SIG U certification AND coverage in Outsource could be yours, thanks to our new writing competition in collaboration with SIG University…
Here at Outsource we’re always on the lookout for great content, from any and every corner of the sourcing, outsourcing and business transformation community – and we know there are countless great potential thought leaders out there who’ve yet to grace our hallowed pages. So, we thought we should take steps to connect with as many of you as possible – and what better way than through the time-honoured medium of a writing competition, to sort the truly exceptional from the merely utterly wonderful?
Moreover, if the chance of making it into Outsource wasn’t incentive enough, we’ve partnered with SIG University to offer our winner a place in the next semester of the Certified Sourcing Professional course. If the winner doesn’t satisfy SIG U’s entrance criteria, he or she can transfer the prize to someone within his or her organisation who does, thus earning priceless kudos internally (which never hurts…).
In launching this unique competition with Outsource, SIG U’s Vice President Mark Pollack says: "This is an exciting competition where we hope to find Sourcing’s Next Top Talent and follow their journey into SIG University and beyond. We are confident that this global competition will bring forward a host of creative writers and innovative industry experts, and give them the very best global platform from which to showcase their cutting-edge thinking. We are proud to be co-sponsors of this event with Outsource, and look forward to hearing from and getting to know the budding thought leaders who will help redefine sourcing and governance."
So, what do you have to do? It’s simple…we’re looking for an article of 1,000 – 2,000 words that answers the following question:
“What will be the most important drivers of change in the global sourcing arena over the next decade, and why?”
Entries must be in English, supplied (in Microsoft Word format) to me at email@example.com, with the subject line “WRITING COMPETITION ENTRY” by no later than midnight UK time on July 31st. Entries must include a photo and 100-word (exclusive of the total word count for the article) bio of the author. Crucially, nobody who’s already been published on www.outsourcemag.com before can apply: this competition seeks to find and spotlight new talent, not those who’ve already made a name for themselves. Articles must be vendor-neutral, non-promotional and absolutely original: no article that’s already been published anywhere else online or in any other format will be accepted.
All valid entries will be judged by our panel and a selection of the best will be published on the Outsource site prior to the announcement of the winning entry towards the end of August. (For full terms and conditions, see below.)
We’ll be promoting all published articles heavily on this site and throughout our social media channels – and there’s even the chance of the winner appearing on an Outsource Talks webinar later in the year. What greater exposure could there be for any aspiring sourcing thought leader?
So, what are you waiting for? Editorial immortality awaits! Get your thinking caps on and, when you’re ready to tackle that deliciously appetising question, start writing: a headline spot in Outsource and a place in SIG U’s CSP course could be only a couple of thousand words away…
About SIG University
SIG University was developed by and for sourcing and outsourcing professionals and academics to supplement real-world experience with the knowledge seen as lacking in the industry today. Based on the theory of Vested relationships, SIG University is designed to give you the soft and hard skills necessary for today’s sourcing professional.
SIG U is transforming business one student at a time. Recognising that companies are desperate for innovative, analytical, transparent and customer-centric sourcing professionals, SIG U has taken guidance from the preeminent leaders in sourcing and created a curriculum that meets the needs of today’s workforce for tomorrow’s expectations.
Terms & Conditions
1. This competition is not open to employees of Sourcing Industry Group, Sourcing International Group, SIG University or their relatives; nor to anybody who has previously been published by Outsource in any format and/or medium whatsoever.
2. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
3. To qualify for the competition, all entries must be received no later than midnight UK time on July 31st 2016.
4. Submissions must be supplied in Microsoft Word format, in English, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "WRITING COMPETITION ENTRY"; each entry must be accompanied by a photo of the author in .jpeg format. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
5. Submissions must be between 1,000 and 2,000 words in length including all annotations but excluding the author's biography of no more than 100 words which must accompany, in the same document, the article being submitted.
6. All submissions must be completely original; no entry shall be deemed valid if it has previously been published in whole or in part anywhere in the world, in any medium whatsoever.
7. Articles must not contain graphs, diagrams or any other type of illustration; no images other than the photo of the author will be published.
8. All submitting authors will identify themselves and assert in the act of their submission that they are the sole authors of the article being submitted and that no other authors' rights are being infringed in any way. Sourcing Industry Group/Sourcing International Group will not be held liable in any way for any copyright infringement resulting from the publication of any article submitted to this competition.
9. All submitting authors will in the act of their submission transfer in perpetuity to Outsource and Sourcing Industry Group/Sourcing International Group the full ownership of the article being submitted and all rights to publish the article, along with or without the image of the author supplied as part of the submission, anywhere in the world, in any medium. Outsource and Sourcing Industry Group/Sourcing International Group will acknowledge the authorship of the article as and when it is published on every occasion. The Outsource editor reserves the right to edit any submission in any way he sees fit.
10. The prize of one enrollment in SIG University’s Certified Sourcing Professional (CSP) course will be awarded to the author of the winning entry, who may take the course him/herself or, if s/he does not meet the criteria for eligibility, may transfer the prize to a colleague meeting those criteria. Eligibility shall be decided solely by Mark Pollack, Vice President of SIG University, and no substitute prize shall be given in its stead should the winner and/or any other proposed recipient of the award be deemed ineligible. Any winner deemed eligible and subsequently taking the CSP course shall be subject to the usual SIG University Terms & Conditions.
11. This prize has no cash value.
12. This competition shall be held according to the laws of England and Wales.
13. All entrants will automatically be subscribed to the Outsource mailing list and their information may be shared with Sourcing Industry Group, SIG University and associated organisations.